Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Care Package Mailed

This morning I braved yet more cold temperatures and walked several blocks to the post office to mail Sophie's care package.

Last night we visited our friends at the Happy Garden (owners of the local Chinese restaurant) and they wrote Sophie's Chinese name on the disposable camera we're sending. We also are mailing a small photo album with pictures of us, the house, Kylie. Tina wrote a description on each photo in Chinese so that the nannies will understand who we are. Tina even gave us a colorful toy car to put in the package for her.

So, today I shipped the following:

  • candy (for the nannies)
  • disposable camera
  • photo album
  • 3 toys
  • blanket

The post office said it should take 4-7 days for the package to get to China. I hope they take photos with the camera, but our agency warned us that Hunan usually doesn't take photos. I guess we'll find out in another 6-8 weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to tell you we got our Chenzhou baby in November of 2005 and CCAI told us the same thing about not getting pictures - but I sent 2 disposable cameras and they took pictures with both. But, one of our travelmates sent a care package and it never made it to the orphanage for some reason. So, hope for the best - though the pics are kind of depressing, but still nice to have! www.mcgillicuddy.redthreadkids.org
Sue - roverhenri@comcast.net

jason said...

We went to a different area also in Hunan and we also received wonderful pictures from the camerea.

Anonymous said...

hi, we returned with our Chenzhou sweetie in Dec 06 and we sent a care package with a stuffed animal, a blanket, 2 cameras, a photo album, and then stuff for the nannies. We got everything we sent for our girl back except for the blanket. The cameras were filled with TONS of pictures.

congrats on your sweet Sophie. She is precious! If you are interested in seeing pictures of the orphanage, we got to go there and I have set up a blog with tons of pictures we took while there. www.chenzhouswi-dec06.blogspot.com.