Thursday, December 13, 2007

Updates and Christmas Photos

Today was yet another morning in which Soph decided to wake up at 4 a.m. I gave her a bottle, her diaper was changed, but she screamed when I tried to put her back in the crib. I thought I'd put her in my bed so I could get some sleep. She's never been in our bed before. The instant I put her in our bed she started jumping up and down on the bed. She shrieked with delight and yelled "Daddy!" which woke up Kylie. This was not going to work. I took her downstairs and she proceeded to walk over to the television and turn it on and said, "Elmo!" I put in an Elmo dvd and she watched a little of it. Then I turned it off, explained to her that Elmo was going to sleep and so was she. I carried her upstairs, laid her in the crib, and she went back to sleep without a peep! Go figure.

In the morning my friend Lulu and I went to Sam's Club and I managed to walk out with only spending $30. That never happens! Usually I spend at least $100, but I didn't need diapers this time.

Sophie continues to amaze me with her vocabulary. The experts say that at 18 months most children can say 6 words. Well, Sophie is 19 months old and says approx 40 words. Last night she pointed to her shoe which had a ladybug stitched on the front of it and she said, "Bug." Today she said "Again" when I was throwing her up in the air. And she says funny words too like "Belly button" (as she lifts up her shirt and points to it).

She also understands a lot. I can give her a piece of trash and ask her to put it in the trash can, and she'll walk to our kitchen, open the pantry (where we keep our trash can) and put it in the can. Then I'll ask her to shut the pantry door, and she does. Today I was putting wet clothes into the dryer and I gave her some socks and asked her to put them in the dryer for me, and she did. When she doesn't want something, she'll emphatically shake her head and say "No" loudly. She's so smart.

Not much new with Kylie. She's at school today. I'm convinced that she's a 30 year old trapped in a 4 year olds' body. She has a great sense of humor. She loves to watch The Office with me and she laughs at all the appropriate jokes. She watches Grey's Anatomy and doesn't get grossed out by the surgeries. In fact, she loves watching medical procedures. Her favorite channel is Discovery Health and her favorite shows are the shows where the women are having babies. She loves watching the c-sections especially. Yeah, she's weird! I asked her if she is going to be a doctor when she grows up and she said no, she wants to be a dentist.

Our early intervention specialist took some photos of Kylie and Sophie for our Christmas present. I've posted the best of the bunch. Sophie was in a bad mood that morning and clung to me like velcro, so that's why she's looking upset.

I had to hold Soph the whole time.
She sucks her fingers when she's tired or scared.


My fussy angel



Clutching her Elmo doll, who helped stop her crying


Kylie



She really is an angel (well, most of the time)


No comments: