Tonight was Kylie's weekly dance lesson. I'm starting to enjoy Thursday nights. I pick Kylie and Sophie up from school, we go to Happy Garden for some good Chinese food (Steve meets us there), Steve takes Sophie home and I take Kylie to dance class.
Kylie's dance class is one hour long, consisting of 20 minutes of tap, 20 minutes of ballet and 20 minutes of tumbling. Usually the girls have the lessons behind a curtain so the parents cannot see, but tonight the other half of the room was being used, so we were able to watch the girls dance.
Maybe it's because I'm her mom, but I was so, so impressed with Kylie. She did great. She was one of the only girls who paid attention and listened to the teacher for the entire class. Many of the girls were in their own little world, one was whiny and wouldn't participate and a few were just plain bratty. Kylie was a perfect little student, and she's got rhythm (which I've always known). I got to see her do a backwards summersault for the first time. I am so proud of my little girl.
1 comment:
Looking forward to Kylie's backwards summersault.
Forgot to tell you that when I had the girls the other night (your date night), Kylie was sitting in front of the computer and she kept staring at the screen for the longest time. I finally asked her what she was doing and she said she was watching the fishies (our screen saver). I asked her if she wanted to feed the fishies and she told me I was a "silly Nai Nai".
Post a Comment