Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Chloe


Steve and I planted this October Glory Maple in honor of our first daughter Chloe. We lost her on February 21st, 2003. I was 23 weeks pregnant when my water broke. The doctor said I could stay in the hospital and try to see if the baby could stay in for another couple weeks. If so, she would have a chance at living. I was in the hospital for 4 days when I developed an infection, so they had to induce labor.
Chloe was born and passed away on February 21st. I am thankful that Steve and I got to hold her, that my mom held her, and my Grandma (90 years old at the time) were able to see her and hold her.
It's so strange to think that if she had lived, she would have been 4 years old...Kylie's age.
The tree looks so beautiful in the fall when the leaves turn brilliant red. This photo doesn't do it justice.
We love you, Chloe Irene.

2 comments:

Nai-Nai said...

Out of such a horrific tragedy God lead you and Steve all the way to China to the beautiful daughters you now have. Chloe's tree continues to be beautiful in every season, but especially in the Fall.

I love you, Chloe Irene

love, mom

RamblingMother said...

So sorry for your loss.

beverly