Monday, April 9, 2007

April 1st - Arrive in Guangzhou







This morning we left the hotel to go to the Changsha airport to go to Guangzhou. I am excited to go to Guangzhou, as I have fond memories of it from Kylie's adoption. The flight was only an hour, but we hit major turbulence and all of us thought the plane was going to go down. Scary, but we made it to Guangzhou safe and sound.

As soon as I stepped into the White Swan Hotel, it felt like home. It was as if nothing had changed since the last time, in 2004. We had Danny's Bagels deliver dinner and we ate with our new friends Chris and Jen Coopper (and their cute baby Addison). I had mac and cheese and garlic bread. Steve had french fries. I feel like I'm starting to relax on this trip. Sophie appears to be no longer sick and is eating better, and smiles much more.

Tomorrow we get her visa photo taken.

No comments: