Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Our House


Since I always post photos of the girls, I thought it would be nice to post a photo of where we live. We built our house in 1990, the year we were married. It wasn't completed until after we were married, so for the first month of our marriage I still lived in my tiny apartment on the other side of town. Steve was still working in Columbus, Ohio and was commuting 2 hours each way, five days a week! Not fun. But our house was finished in late September and seven years later we still love it. It has 4 bedrooms, so each girl has their own room, plus we have a room for guests (aka Nai Nai and Papa Jim!).

The house has a large, open kitchen with a kitchen island (something I've always wanted). That's the good thing about building a house, you can decided what you want and don't want. There is a full, unfinished basement that houses a lot of boxed outgrown kids clothes and toys, plus we have our treadmill down there. Kylie likes playing down there and discovering all the old toys she had forgotten about.

My favorite room is our master bedroom. Two years ago I repainted the walls a taupe color, and bought a queen size rod-iron bed with matching nightstands and upholstered bench. Nai Nai took our old furniture and we bought a new dresser, mirror, armoire and chest of drawers in black with brushed nickel knobs. I love this room because the bed is very comfy and before bed I like to lay in it and watch tv, usually with Kylie (Steve is downstairs watching sports stuff). The master bathroom has a large garden tub with jets, two sinks, and a standing shower. The master bathroom is my next project. I'd like to finally paint it, get new towels and hang some curtains.

No comments: