This has been one of those weeks that drags on. Everyone in the house is irritable. Kylie had her first dance lesson at the new place on Tuesday and it was a disaster. It was from 5:30-6:30. Steve was still at work, so I had to bring Sophie with us. Sophie was tired and cried and screamed almost nonstop.
The dance instructor was very unorganized. I registered Kylie 3 weeks ago when they had Registration Night. Well, on Tuesday, the first class, all these moms show up with their daughters and hadn't registered. So, there were like 20 girls in the class with only one teacher! Kylie's old school only had a max of 8 girls. Then the teacher moved them to different rooms. The class is held in a fitness club. I told Kylie that I wouldn't be in the aerobics room with her (that's what was stated in the contract) but that I'd be right outside the door.
So, 10 minutes after class starts, I'm trying to get Sophie to stop crying. Then the dancing assistant comes out to tell me that Kylie is crying and wants me in the room with her. It turns out that several of the moms were in the room watching the girls. So I walk into the room with screaming Sophie, and Kylie's sitting there crying hysterically. When she sees me she calms down a little, but she would not pay attention to the teacher and wouldn't do any of the moves. I was beyond frustrated, mostly at the dance teacher for being so disorganized and allowing 20 girls to be in one class. I've already paid for the first month, and the gymnastic shoes, but I'm not sure if we'll be continuing. The recital is in June, and we have to pay a $75 deposit on the costumes (which cost $150!). I'm not sure if I want to invest any more money in this place.
So, Kylie's been fussy. Tonight she complained that her tummy hurt and screamed and cried for an hour. I think she was just tired. Sophie has two more sets of molars breaking through her gums, so she's been fussy too. Steve's fussy because he comes home after a long day at work to 2 fussy daughters. And I'm fussy from dealing with all of this!
It's been a lonnnngggg week. I can't wait until it's over. As cruddy a week as this has been, it's still 100 times better than being at my old job, sitting at a desk all day, getting yelled at on the phone.
But still, I hope next week is a better week.
Kylie in her dance leotard (before the meltdown at class)
Sophie cuddling with her Nemo "na na"
2 comments:
Dance class sounds like a nightmare with so many little girls in one class. Not worth it if the teacher is so disorganized. Hopefully, it will be get better next week before you plunk down the deposit.....
Greetings from sunny Albuquerque - your chocolate cookies look delish - think I'll make some tomorrow when Alex and Christian are in school.
Your girls are just priceless!!!
Ryleesmom2004
Post a Comment