I thought it would never happen, but tonight I did the unthinkable....I upgraded from plain old regular cable to "Digital Cable."
I called the cable company tonight because I had a question about my bill. The lady on the phone was nice and helpful and suggested that we upgrade from regular cable to "Digital Cable." Something about the government switching everything to digital starting in 2009. I have no idea what this means except that we'll have a gazillion channels (and still probably only watch 10 of them) and that somehow it will only cost us an additional $9 a month. I have no clue how to use this new digital cable. Hopefully the guy coming out to install it can give us a class on it! Oh, and we get "free" Showtime for a year. It's "free" if I can remember to cancel it after a year (yeah, right).
Now, I am fine with understanding the internet, blogging, etc, but this whole cable thing is kinda freaking me out. I don't know the difference between TIVO, dvr, digital, and satellite. All I know is that now we'll have more ESPN channels than we can shake a stick at (Steve's beyond thrilled) and some channel for the girls called "Noggin."
Hey, as long as I can still watch MTV, Discovery Health, TLC, Channel E and HGTV I'll be a happy camper!
Monday, September 3, 2007
Finally headed for the 21st century.....
Posted by
E R I C A
at
11:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome to digital cable land! You will never want to get off the couch!
Post a Comment