Here is the latest photo of Sophie, or "Soph" as big sis calls her. I just love that mischievous look on her face.
How can this be the same baby from 4 months ago, the one who couldn't crawl, could barely sit up, and looked so serious and sad? Every single day I think about how far she's come, how remarkably strong she is, and how trusting she is.
This is the baby whom doctors in China said may have cerebal palsy. This is the baby whose favorite activity (according to her nannies) was to "lie in the crib all day." This is the baby who in China would gaze at us with big sad eyes that had seen more hardship in 11 months than some people have experienced in a lifetime.
Sometimes I wonder what her life would be like if she was still in the orphanage. And then I think of how my life would be if she was not with me. It's too difficult to fathom. It's like she was always meant to be in our family.
I love you, Soph.
No comments:
Post a Comment