Today we spent the day running around and trying to stay out of the heat.
In the morning the girls and I went to the library for our weekend toddler storytime hour. The librarian read stories about autumn and Kylie made a project involving leaves, crayons and a glue stick.
While Sophie napped afterwards I made phone calls trying to locate dance classes for Kylie. She so loved the dance classes that she took in the summer, so I really wanted her to continue. After calling many places, I found a local studio only 5 minutes from our house. Classes begin on October 9th, every Tuesday, for an hour. Just like her summer classes they spend 20 minutes tap, 20 minutes of ballet and 20 minutes of gymnastics. Kylie has all the right shoes (tap and ballet) except she doesn't have gymnastics shoes. What exactly are gymnastics shoes? Well, they are white leather, thin and they fit on the foot like a footie. I don't really see the purpose of a 4 year old having them (esp since they are $25), but oh well. Below is a photo of them.
After naptime, it was still too hot to play outside, so the girls and I got in the van and drove out to Soccer City (http://www.indoorsoccercity.com)
Kylie's signed up for their Kiddie Kickers I program and I had to drop the payment off. The staff there was wonderful. They gave us a tour, took Kylie in the back so she could watch them blow up her ball, showed her the field where she'll be playing every week. She kicked the ball around and they commented on how fast she was. They even gave her a Slushie to drink on the way home.
We stopped by Meijers on the way home to look for black shorts (she needs these for the soccer classes) but all their shorts were sold out since the season has ended. I'll probably need to go to a sporting goods store like Dick's to find those.
While we were at Meijers we found a Dora The Explorer nursery on clearance. It was supposed to come with furniture and the twin babies. Luckily I opened it up while in the store and found that the babies weren't in the box. I told Kylie we weren't going to buy it for her and the poor thing started wailing in the store with big elephant tears, I felt bad for her, so I bought it. It was the last one they had.
I thought about it some more and decided to call Fisher Price to see if they had any suggestions. They are sending me a $5 gift card good for any Fisher Price item! I dealt with Fisher Price before on a quality issue and they were fabulous. I was excited that we can use the coupon at Toys R Us since right now they have a "buy 2 get 1 free" sale on Dora stuff.
Tonight I registered Kylie for the dance classes starting October 9th. She has a recital on June 8th. That seems so far away. I hope she enjoys her classes.
Oh, I haven't mentioned Sophie today. She's still a fireball, our spicy Hunan babe, and gets smarter and smarter each day. She had fun at the soccer field, but wanted her own ball. She's getting her back molars in, so she's been extra fussy.
1 comment:
Ainsley's working on molars also. They are no fun whatsoever! On the other hand, as we are always telling her to chew her food instead of just swallowing maybe it'll make more sense to her! :)
Post a Comment